Six Tips for International Flights!


The first time I flew to Korea, I had a 2 hour flight from Florida, 3 hour layover in Newark (no free wifiㅜㅜ), and then a 14 hour flight to Incheon. Thankfully, the last couple of times, I flew from San Francisco, and it's a direct flight of 12 hours to Incheon. I've learned lots of things, good and bad, from these experiences.

So here's a few tips from me on how to endure long flights!


1. What you wear matters. For long flights, you're definitely going to want comfortable clothes. If you're a person who doesn't mind wearing sweatpants and a hoodie in the airport, go for it! For me, I like to carry my hoodie with me, and after getting on the plane, I switch out whatever shirt I'm wearing for my hoodie. This also helps my shirt stay fresh, so I don't feel so gross when I get off. Also, I carry pajama socks that both keep my feet warm and that I don't mind touching the airplane floor, so I can take off my shoes comfortably. Dresses with leggings are also the way to go for comfort and cuteness.

2. Have a smaller bag inside of your roll aboard that has what you need for the flight. You really don't want to be opening the overhead bin to pull out your rolling suitcase during the flight. So put everything you need inside a bag that you can pack in your carry on suitcase. Then, before you board or right after you board, pull out that bag to put under your seat, and leave your suitcase in peace above you.


3. Don't stay in your seat the whole flight! Even if it's just standing in line for the bathroom, make sure you move around!



4. Drink lots of water! Staying hydrated means a lot for feeling well and staying well. They won't come around nearly as often as they should to offer it, so bring a water bottle and either fill it up in the airport after security or ask the flight attendant to fill it on the plane when they come around with the carts. Also, when they offer you a little water bottle, take it even if yours is full or if you're not thirsty. You'll use it later!



5. Pack food. Or at least snacks. Airplane food is nothing to be excited about, and while it may suffice, you'll probably be happy you packed at least a few good things in your bag. Sandwiches are easy, and so are salads and bowls of fruit; and they're infinitely healthier than a small portion of microwaved chicken and rice.


6. You can download select movies and TV shows to your smartphone or tablet from Netflix and Amazon. So, do that!


ENJOY YOUR FLIGHT!



~강다은

Comments

Popular Posts